When the death occurs while out of the province or country - decorative image

Death Outside Ontario

Death outside Ontario...

Whether you’re out of province or outside Canada, the death must be registered where it occurred. In most cases, a doctor at the hospital will sign the death certificate, and the deceased will be prepared for transporting back home.


Getting home

The hospital can recommend a funeral centre to transfer the body, and to ready it for its return home. Or, contact a funeral centre in your community, and a representative will make the arrangements on your behalf, and ensure the deceased returns safely.


Special Cases

If you’re outside Canada, and you’re experiencing difficulties with any of the above, simply contact the nearest Canadian Consulate for help.